old forums of

Comment on personalities, sections, programmes, anything to do with
noth
Gatherer
Gatherer
Alignment: 'Ether'

old forums of

Post by noth » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:38 pm

I have skated around https://www.richplanet.net/ and I do like the look of it, but I heard the other day it once had forums on there :? so when did they close? and why did they close?

Marvin

Re: old forums of

Post by Marvin » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:21 pm

The Richplanet website launched 29th April 2008, complete with a Forum area, built on miniBB. The username of satchman was registered 24 June 2012 and seems to be the last registration, after which time, a message appeared stating that "WE ARE NOT ADMITING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PRVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM." The statement goes on to say that suitable moderators are not easy to find and the decision on whether or not to add new members, had not been made. To my knowledge that situation continued right up until the relaunch in July of this (2018) year, when the entire forum simply vanished from the face of Richplanet, along with all the info, good and bad.

noth
Gatherer
Gatherer

Post by noth » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:37 pm

the relaunch in July of this (2018) year,
what is the relaunch? can you clarify M?
the entire forum simply vanished from the face of Richplanet
it could easily be restarted, you never know

Marvin

Post by Marvin » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:57 pm

I should have said; it was a website relaunch.

A little of the history of Richplanet.net can be read here: https://www.richplanet.net/aboutus.php

noth
Gatherer
Gatherer

Post by noth » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:27 pm

The website initially was intended to provide a wide range of information about the subject of UFOs
wow did that evolve on or what? :P
Since the summer of 2010 to the end of December 2012, the Richplanet.net website has received 350 UFO reports from members of the public. This film is a summary of the findings from these reports after detailed analysis and cross examining of witnesses. One of the most common objects reported is the "silent black triangle", which many witnesses describe as, "the size of a football pitch".
and didn't THAT go quiet? triangle UFOs are now a thing of the past :o

but seriously a UFO the size of a football pitch? now that would be worth seeing